What is Magic xpa Single User Edition?
Magic xpa Single User Edition (previously named uniPaaS Jet), is a freely downloadable, single user-license edition of Magic xpa Application Platform, which streamlines and simplifies the process of building and deploying business applications.
What kind of applications can I create with Magic xpa Single User Edition?
Magic xpa Single User Edition is used to build and deploy full client, rich Internet applications (RIA), mobile applications, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings.
With Magic xpa Single User Edition, you can create virtually any sort of enterprise application, ranging from a complete information system to a simple home video library application, and even a full-fledged ERP application.
How does Magic xpa Single User Edition differ from the standard commercial edition of Magic xpa Application Platform?
Magic xpa Single User Edition is limited to a single user. The single-user limitation is relevant for both the development of applications and their deployment.
Magic xpa Single User Edition provides almost the complete range of features found in the standard commercial edition of Magic xpa Application Platform, excluding multi-user related features and capabilities.
How can I learn to quickly develop Magic xpa Single User Edition applications?
Magic xpa Single User Edition comes with many free resources for developers, enabling newcomers to easily jump in and learn how to create and deploy applications.
Magic xpa resources include:
- Video Recorded Tutorials: A collection of detailed video tutorials is the perfect starting point to learn about Magic xpa Application Platform, and how to develop Magic xpa applications.
- Sample Applications: Magic xpa Single User Edition installation comes with a collection of runtime sample applications that you experience, while examining the project’s definition.
- ‘Mastering Magic xpa Application Platform’ (1000 Page Book): After installing Magic xpa, you can access a comprehensive 1000-page book, featuring a wide selection of ‘How to’ scenarios.
- DevNet: The Developers Network portal offers additional resources provided by both Magic and members of the global, Magic xpa development community.
- Magic University: Register for one of the many courses offered by Magic University in order to receive more advanced, structured training.
What deployment modes are supported by Magic xpa Single User Edition?
- Magic xpa Single User Edition supports three primary deployment modes:Client/Server: On-premise desktop applications
- Rich Internet Applications (RIA): A full desktop user interface served by a remote application server
- Browser-based: An HTML/Ajax-based browser front end
Which operating systems are supported by Magic xpa Single User Edition?
Supported operating systems vary according to the chosen deployment mode:
- Client\Server Application: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- RIA Client: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Android, iOS, Windows Mobile 6.5
- RIA and Browse Based Application Server: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
How many application copies may be distributed without paying license fees?
Copies of Magic xpa Single User Edition applications can be distributed freely across any number of sites, as long as on each site the application is used by a single user only.
To deploy applications for multiple concurrent users, developers should contact a local Magic representative to purchase a deployment license.
May Magic xpa Single User Edition applications be sold commercially?
Commercial applications can be created and deployed using Magic xpa Single User Edition, provided that an application is sold as a single-user application only. Additionally, at every deployment site, the application can only be implemented by a single user.
What database management systems (DBMS) are supported by Magic xpa Single User Edition?
Magic xpa Single User Edition supports the SQLite DBMS. The SQLite database, a single-user database, is embedded in uniPaaS Single User Edition and does not need to be installed separately.
Commercial releases of uniPaaS support multi-user databases, such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and any other data source through ODBC.
What are the limitations of the SQLite data-base?
SQLite is a single user database and is not intended for handling and manipulating data from multiple, concurrent users.
Where can I attend classroom training for Magic xpa Application Platform?
Magic University is the only source for world-class, vendor-certified, professional training focused on Magic's technologies. Course materials are available in traditional classroom settings, as well as in Web-based training modules that you can download and study remotely at your own learning pace.
What is Magic’s DevNet?
Magic’s DevNet is the company’s developer zone, serving as a professional resource center for Magic xpa Application Platform (previously named uniPaaS) and Magic xpi Integration Platform (previously named iBOLT) developers.
DevNet provides developers with all the technical resources, such as reference manuals, a knowledge base, and instructional videos, that are required to gain an advanced working knowledge of Magic’s products and solutions.